Recipe courtesy of Eden Foods
1 tablespoon Eden Organic Sesame Oil or Eden Organic Safflower Oil
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 cup organic tempeh, cubed
1 cup Eden Organic Buckwheat
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup Eden Organic Sauerkraut
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1. Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add the tempeh and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add the buckwheat, boiling water and sauerkraut. Cover and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the flame and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the bell pepper, cover and simmer another 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and garnish with parsley. Serve in the skillet.
Note: for a slightly saltier flavor, add 1/4 cup drained sauerkraut juice to the skillet at the same time the buckwheat and water is added.