Recipe courtesy of Zemas Madhouse Foods
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini-muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a blender, puree black beans, water and vanilla. In a mixing bowl combine Zemas
mix with the liquid ingredients. Add in chocolate chips if desired.
3. Fill mini-muffin cups to 1/2 full then dollop a teaspoon of cream cheese filling into the muffin cups.
4. On top of that, add another teaspoon of brownie batter; swirl around with a toothpick. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, and enjoy!
Cream Cheese Filling
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream cheese, softened (dairy-free cream cheese)
1/3 c. sugar
1 egg (or egg replacer*)
1/2 t. pure vanilla extract
In a stand up mixer, or hand-held mixer, combine all the ingredients and blend on
medium speed until smooth.
Yields 24 brownie bites. Zemas recommends making an egg replacer by mixing 1/4 c. water with 1 tbsp. of chia seeds. Stir and allow to gel (approx 5 minutes).
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 10/14/2014