Soy Chorizo Vegan Nachos recipe by House Foods
- ½ pkg. Soy Good Soy Chorizo Crumbles
- 1 bag of nacho chips
For Vegan Cheese:
- 2 large red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ large carrot, peeled and chopped
- ¼ small yellow onion
- ¼ medium red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup raw cashews, preferably soaked overnight in water
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of mustard powder
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- ½ cup of black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup of corn, rinsed
- ½ cup of tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup of cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup of onion, chopped
- ¼ cup of jalapenos, sliced
- In a pot filled with water (set to medium high heat) add potatoes, carrot, onion, bell pepper, garlic and cashews.
- While potatoes cook, set a pan over medium high heat and add a bit of oil. Add Soy Chorizo and cook until done. Set aside.
- Once cooked, remove potatoes from heat, strain them and reserve 2 cups of water.
- Place ingredients in a blender and add ¾ cup of water, nutritional yeast, salt, lemon juice, mustard powder, paprika and cayenne. Blend until smooth to make vegan cheese.
- If mixture is too thick, add water until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- Place chips on a plate, pour vegan cheese over and top with Soy Chorizo crumbles. Add desired toppings, serve hot.
Posted on WholeFoods Magazine, 7/7/2017