Recipe courtesy of the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO)
1 cup millet
2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium sweet potato, cubed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of 2 limes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1. In a medium sized pot, add millet to broth and bring to a boil.
2. Lower to simmer and continue to cook until millet is fluffy and has absorbed almost all of the liquid.
3. Meanwhile, grease a large baking sheet with the oil. Place sweet potato on the pan.
4. Slice jalapeño into rings, remove the seeds and place on pan beside sweet potato.
5.Turn oven to broil at 500° and roast vegetables for 10 minutes.
6. Remove jalapeño from the pan and set aside. Place pan back in the oven and continue roasting for 10 additional minutes or until sweet potato begins to brown.
7. Spoon millet into a large bowl. Add sweet potato and black beans.
8. Chop jalapeño rings finely and add to millet with the cilantro, lime juice, salt and cumin.
9. Stir well. Serve warm or chilled.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 5/23/2014