Washington, D.C.—For the 20th straight year, the Natural Products Association (NPA) will honor several individuals’ and businesses’ contributions to the natural products sector with the Annual NPA Awards. The awards will be given out at Natural Products Expo East in September.
This year’s recipients are as follows:
* Scott Bass of the Sidley Austin LLP Global Life Sciences team will receive the President’s Award for his work on dietary supplement issues over the past 20 years.
* Paul M. Coates, Ph.D., of the National Institutes of Health will be honored with the Burton Kallman Scientific Award.
* William McDonough, a leader in sustainable development, will take home the Rachel Carson Environmental Award.
* The Industry Champion Awards will go to Mark Blumenthal, founder and executive director of the American Botanical Council, and Pat Sardell, co-owner of Country Vitamins.
* This year’s Lifetime Achievement Awards will go to Edward Long, Ph.D., of Van Scoyoc Associates Inc. and political consultant Jack Martin.
* Herbalist and ethnobotanist David Winston, RH, will receive Clinician Award.
* The Socially Responsible Retailer Award will be given to Nature’s Bin of Lakewood, OH.
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, April 2013 (online 2/21/13)