Since 1984, renowned scientist Richard A. Passwater, Ph.D., has been the Science Editor of WholeFoods Magazine, contributing his monthly Vitamin Connection column featuring interviews with the industry’s leading experts. In December 2020, we announced Dr. Passwater’s retirement. “We know you have enjoyed our popular column Vitamin Connection for decades,” Heather Wainer, Publisher of WholeFoods, told readers. “It has been a mainstay in WholeFoods Magazine. This year, Dr. Passwater will be taking a much-deserved retirement from monthly deadlines. He will still contribute an article from time to time, as he has more groundbreaking science that he wants to share. Personally, I cannot wait to read what he will report on next.”
We’d also like to recognize the work he has already done. For decades, Dr. Passwater has gone above-and-beyond to promote wellness and to educate, often on the cutting edge of the science. Here, we look at his most-read online columns.
- Oral High-Dose Vitamin C for Major Diseases. An Interview with Andrew W. Saul, Ph.D. (part of a series on Vitamin C in 2017). Published online December 26, 2017
- Vitamin C and the Immune System: Nutritional Fortification to Support Defenses Against Viruses. An Interview with Andrew W. Saul, Ph.D. Published online March 12, 2020
- Niacin: The Original Megavitamin Is More Important Than Ever. An Interview with Andrew W. Saul, Ph.D. (part of a series). Published online June 20, 2017
- Vitamin K2 Puts Calcium in Bones and Removes Calcium from Arteries. An Interview with Dr. Leon Schurgers (part of a series). Published online February 1, 2009
- Menopause and Pueraria mirifica Update. An Interview with Christiane Northrup, M.D. Published online September 12, 2016
Find more of Dr. Passwater’s work, dating back to the first Vitamin Connection to appear online on this website (Nutrigenomics and Pharmagenomics: Hope for the Future. An interview with Dr. James Kaput, published in 2008), here.