Ardent Mills, a premier flour-milling and ingredient company, offers the industry’s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and innovative specialty products. The company’s ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network. Ardent Mills’ operations and services are supported by more than of 40 community mills and blending facilities, along with an artisan commercial bakery, an on-site Innovation Center and our Mobile Innovation Center, all located in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Ardent Mills is the trusted partner in nurturing its customers, consumers and communities through innovative and nutritious grain-based solutions. Ardent Mills is nourishing what’s next in a great new era for grain.
Key Market Areas
• Organic, including a variety of white and whole grain flours, Ancient Grains, Spelt, breads
• Whole Grains, including Ancient Grains, Heirloom Wheats, Barley
• Bakery & Traditional Flours, including bakery, cake and pastry, durum
• Inclusions, including wheat bran, wheat germ, vital wheat gluten, aleurone
• Baked goods, including specialty high-inclusion breads
Major Products/Service Offerings
Ardent Mills is behind the most trusted brands of premium white and whole wheat flours in the industry—from Kyrol® and Hummer® to American Beauty®. And, the company is pioneering what’s next, with value-added, on-trend grain solutions:
• Ultragrain®: Whole grain nutrition with white flour appeal, Ultragrain is the whole wheat flour to replace white flour in mainstream applications.
• Organic Flour: High-quality, consistent flours with reliable supply to help you grow your brands.
• Simply Milled by Ardent MillsTM: Ardent Mills’ new house brand flour line offers consumers nothing but simply milled flour with no treatments or additives, available in conventional and organic varieties.
• Ardent Mills Sprouted: This Sprouted White Spring Whole Wheat Flour is functional and convenient, working anywhere whole wheat flour is used.
• Sustagrain® Barley: Proprietary barley variety has the highest dietary fiber of any whole grain—three times the fiber of oats and corn flour and 10 that of brown rice.
• Ancient Grains: Millet, quinoa, amaranth, sorghum, teff, buckwheat in grains, seeds and customized blends.
• Heirloom Wheats: Spelt, Triticale, Rye in flour, seeds and customized blends.
• Safeguard Treatment and Delivery System: A state-of-the-art, comprehensive, integrated production and distribution process preserves gluten functionality and taste while mitigating microbiological risk associated with raw flour and extending flour safety assurance through the supply chain.
• Innovative Bakery Resources: IBR is the firm’s state-of-the-art commercial bakery in Portland, Oregon, where
cutting-edge concepts meet high-touch craftsmanship to help you quickly commercialize your creations.
Opened in May 2016, the Ardent Mills Innovation Center (AMIC) is a one-of-a kind, state-of-the-art culinary, R&D and product development support center with lab-size test mills, a wheat quality lab and a product evaluation bakery and a culinary center. The new AMIC facility will connect Ardent Mills customers to a passionate and creative network of chefs, food scientists, product developers, analytical chemists and technical bakers. AMIC has all the resources to help customers grow, innovate and create mainstream and artisan foods for store shelves and restaurants
1875 Lawrence St.
Denver, CO 80202
Year Founded: 2013
Dan Dye, CEO, Ardent Mills
Bill Stoufer, COO, Ardent Mills
Kent Juliot, Vice President Research, Quality, Innovation (RQT)
Dean Grossman, Vice President Sales, Ardent Mills
Published in WholeFoods Magazine July 2016