AstaReal, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Chemical Industries Co., Ltd and is part of a global group of subsidiaries dedicated to the worldwide development of natural astaxanthin. AstaReal, Inc., services North America, South America and Canada. AstaReal, Inc. is an industry leader in the research, development and production of Natural Astaxanthin from Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae. The company grows its algae at state-of-the-art indoor sites in Sweden and Washington State, USA. Both AstaReal facilities utilize environmentally friendly and ultra-pure photo bioreactor cultivation technology to ensure the highest purity astaxanthin product available.
The company’s globally recognized brand is AstaREAL®. AstaReal® is the most researched brand of natural astaxanthin in the market with over 100 studies and nearly half of those are human clinical studies. With clinically validated benefits for applications including skin health, muscle endurance, immune function, eye health, cardiovascular health and gastric health, AstaREAL® astaxanthin is an essential addition to your product portfolio. AstaReal offers a range of bulk products to fit different applications, allowing for the development of products that add astaxanthin’s unsurpassed antioxidant power.
Key Market Areas
Dietary supplements. AstaReal is the lead supplier of natural astaxanthin for the dietary supplement industry in areas such as:
- Skin Health
- Eye Health
- Physical Endurance and Muscle Recovery
- Sports Nutrition
- Personal Care.
Food and beverages: AstaReal’s premium natural astaxanthin has FDA GRAS status and is ready to use in functional food and beverage formulations.
- AstaReal® L10: A high-quality natural astaxanthin CO2 (solvent-free) extract with excellent stability. This form is ideal for softgels, creams/lotions and much more.
- AstaReal® P2AF: A high-quality powderized astaxanthin CO2 (solvent-free) extract with excellent stability and flow properties. This form is ideal for hard capsules, tablets and powder mixes.
- AstaReal® HBA: A high-quality water-soluble astaxanthin with excellent clarity. This form is ideal for beverages, liquid nutraceutical supplements or similar aqueous applications.
- AstaReal® Softgels: Finished softgels are available for bulk ordering in 2-mg, 4-mg and 6-mg sizes.
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, July 2015