Since 1947, Solgar has been committed to the health, philosophy and ideology of the natural lifestyle community. Our ongoing mission is to create wellness-oriented innovations with the highest purity and nutritional freshness. From the beginning, Solgar has understood the importance our customers place on well-being. That’s why we exclusively distribute our products in the natural products channel where knowledgeable retailers can guide consumers through the vast array of choices.
From the beginning, Solgar has been dedicated to maintaining the highest standard for quality—the Solgar Gold Standard™. Since Solgar products are manufactured in our own state-of-the-art facilities, we are able to ensure premium quality throughout the entire process. Solgar’s manufacturing facility meets the highest standards for machinery, procedures, and quality control.
Solgar has a rigorous quality control system in place. All materials coming into our facility are subject to stringent tests to ensure they are the highest quality. Any materials that don’t meet our quality standards are rejected and sent back to our suppliers. We also do extensive testing at multiple stages—from raw material to finished product. Solgar’s on-site Quality Laboratory ensures that each product leaving our door meets our Gold Standard™ for quality.
Quality has been Solgar’s guiding principle since 1947 and is deeply ingrained in every step we take. We are committed to continually raising our Gold Standard™ for quality as science and technology evolve.
Key Markets Served
Solgar’s finished product is distributed from our own global distribution centers located in New Jersey, Nevada, the United Kingdom, South Africa, New Zealand, and Spain. Solgar exclusively distributes our products to fine health food retailers in over 55 different countries throughout the world.
Major Products/Service Offerings
For 65 years, Solgar has introduced innovative and scientifically advanced supplements. Our premium branded nutritional supplements include multivitamins, minerals, botanicals and specialty formulas—a comprehensive variety that can be tailored to meet individual requirements for nutrition and lifestyle. Our product line includes Halal, Kosher, and vegetarian (strictly non-animal sourced material) supplements in varied doses and forms. Most Solgar products are also free of gluten, dairy, and wheat. In accordance with our Gold Standard™, we do not use unnecessary sugars, salts, or fillers in our products.
Solgar was one of the first in the natural products industry to integrate a natural, water-based coating for all of our coated-tablet products as an alternative to using the more common solvent-based coating agent shellac (also known as pharmaceutical glaze). This natural coating improves disintegration and dissolution, providing better absorption of nutrients.
At Solgar, every department is dedicated to supporting our customers’ needs. Operating our own manufacturing facility and global distribution centers enables us to ensure quality products and prompt delivery. We also provide our retailers with the most current scientific information so they can best inform their customers. In addition, our toll-free phone number (1-877-SOLGAR 4) is printed on every label so retailers and consumers can reach our team of nutritional experts with any technical questions.
Our commitment to the health and well-being of the natural lifestyle community continues! In 2012, Solgar introduced 4 innovative products:
▪ Walk, Run, Climb, Play – Solgar® No. 7 can help!* With increased flexibility, mobility and range of motion – feel the difference for yourself and start to get back on track… fast.* Solgar® No. 7 actually shows improvement in joint comfort… within 7 days. 1* Solgar® No. 7 is a breakthrough in joint care that contains no glucosamine and no chondroitin.* One capsule, once a day is all you need. When stiff joints occasionally say no… Solgar® No. 7 says YES!*
▪ They’re small. They’re chewable. They taste great. And best of all, they’re fun! minnows™ omega-3 mini bursts™ are a whole new way to get all the benefits of omega-3. Solgar® minnows™ can be easily swallowed or chewed for a great-tasting Tutti Frutti Sorbet flavor – with no fishy aftertaste.
▪ Solgar® Comfort Zone Digestive Complex was naturally developed to help you “feel better” about the foods you eat, and worry less about the foods you enjoy.* Combining 11 high-activity enzymes with a balanced herbal blend, it helps support the body’s natural digestive process.* Because Comfort Zone contains a broad spectrum of enzymes, it is intended to help you break down a wide range of foods.* Just one capsule with every meal can make a real difference in your relationship with food.*
▪ Ultra Skin, Nails and Hair Support*: Biotin 10,000 mcg Vegetable Capsules – It’s our most potent biotin supplement ever, offering 10,000 mcg of biotin in just one vegetable capsule daily. Plus, this formula is kosher certified, vegetarian and free of gluten, wheat and dairy.
1. Based on two human studies with 5-LOXIN® Advanced where subjects rated their joint health over time, subjects’ joint health improved within 7 days and continued to improve throughout the duration of the studies.
5-LOXIN® is a registered trademark of P.L. Thomas-Laila Nutraceuticals LLC and is used under license. International patents pending.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Solgar Vitamin and Herb
500 Willow Tree Road
Leonia, NJ 07605
Tel.: (201) 944-2311
Fax: (201) 363-2118
Year Founded: 1947
Dana Tarello, Marketing
Scott Feuer, Manufacturing
Douglas Millar, Product Development
Michael Borukhov, Quality Control
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, Novembe 2012