Jarrow Formulas® Inc. (JFI), headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, is a formulator and wholesaler of high-quality nutritional supplements. The company was founded in 1977 and incorporated in 1988. Today, Jarrow markets its products throughout the world, including the United States, Mexico, Canada, England, France, Japan, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Israel, Kuwait, Azerbaijan and other countries. Jarrow Formulas’® mission is reflected in its motto: “Superior Nutrition and Formulation.” The company’s philosophy is to encourage preventative care through research and education. Individuals are encouraged to look at healthcare holistically.
Jarrow Formulas’® goal is to promote optimal health with high-quality, effective, affordable and cutting-edge nutritional products that are based on sound scientific research data. Its staff of scientists and health professionals are actively involved in scientific and clinical studies and working with researchers from universities, institutes and other establishments around the world. Jarrow Formulas® strives to provide the best service and technical information to its customers.
Jarrow Formulas conducts its own research that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Clinical Study Demonstrates Superior Bioavailability of Jarrow’s Proprietary QH-
absorb® Formula (June 2009): Italian scientists from the University of Ancona (Institute of Biochemistry) measured the plasma levels of Co-Q10 (Jarrow QH-absorb®, a stabilized proprietary Co-Q10 formula utilizing ubiquinol) after taking 100 mg three times per day (100 mg T.I.D. = 300 mg). Eleven adult volunteers took QH-absorb® over a two-week period. In this study, the results proved the superior absorption of QH-absorb®, as demonstrated by:
• Total Co-Q10 levels increasing from 0.70 mcg/mL to 6.14 mcg/mL.
• Improving the mean reduced Co-Q10 (ubiquinol) levels in the plasma from 0.62 mcg/ml to 5.75 mcg/mL. This was an increase of 827% over baseline in humans.
• Five of the volunteers achieved plasma levels over 7 mcg/mL and one subject was higher than 8 mcg/mL.
Bone-Up® Improves Bone Health in Young Women (August 2007): The results of a clinical trial investigating the effects of Bone-Up®, an enhanced calcium formula, on young women were published in the Journal of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine. It showed that exercise plus intake of Bone-Up® can improve bone health in young adult women, which could lower the risk of developing osteoporosis later in life.
• Jarro-Dophilus EPS®: Shelf-stability with enteric protection featuring eight probiotic strains.
• Jarro-Dophilus ® Women: Women-specific probiotic with four clinically documented probiotic strains (Astarte®) that promote healthy vaginal microflora and urinary tract health*
• Bone-Up®: MCHA calcium formula for maximum bone density and strength.
• QH-absorb® and Q-absorb®: Clinically validated, high absorption formulas of Coenzyme Q10.
• Ideal Bowel Support™ 299v: Contains proprietary probiotic strain Lactobacillus plantarum 299v (Lp299v), which has been shown in clinical trials to survive and colonize the digestive tract and alleviate intestinal discomfort in 95% of the patients studied.
• Fem-Dophilus®: Oral probiotic clinically documented to restore and maintain a healthy vaginal flora and reduce the risk of urogenital infections.
• JarroSil®: A patent-pending Activated Silicon® formula, containing stabilized molecular clusters of silicic acid for bone, joint, collagen, skin, hair and nails.
• SAM-e: The ultimate brain, liver and joint nutrient. Also supports healthy aging.
• BroccoMax™: Standardized broccoli seed extract.
Jarro-Dophilus ® Women: A true probiotic uniquely for women containing four patented probiotic strains known as the “Astarte” strains.* All four Astarte strains were originally isolated in clinical research from young, healthy women in their third month of pregnancy and are the predominant species found in the vaginal tract of healthy women.* The strains were enumerated and screened for desirable characteristics and efficacy, and clinically tested to document their health benefits for women’s health.*
Jarro-Dophilus® Infant: B. infantis is the predominant intestinal organism found in breast-fed infants.* The specific B. infantis M-63 strain was isolated from a healthy infant and clinically proven to colonize the intestines of infants.* B. infantis is the only bacterial species able to take up and metabolize all Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs) which allows B. infantis to outcompete other bacterial species.* Jarro-Dophilus® Infant is formulated with Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), a component of breast milk.*
Jarrow Formulas Sam-e Product Line now features a new proprietary cellulose-based, food-grade, pH-sensitive enteric coating called EnteroGuard® that resists stomach acid and disintegrates in the less acidic pH of the upper intestines, where the SAM-e is made available for absorption. Studies show that oral supplementation of SAM-e is most effective when enteric coated and results in maximum blood levels.
Jarrow Organic Plant Protein: Jarrow Formulas Organic Plant Protein is a convenient, fiber rich, gluten free, sugar free protein powder suitable for vegans, vegetarians, or anyone seeking to substitute some of their protein intake from animal to plant sources. It features six organic sources of protein (pea, quinoa, sacha inchi, sunflower, hemp and coix seed) providing 18 g of protein and 4 g of dietary fiber.
Nicotinamide Riboside. Niagen® (nicotinamide riboside chloride) is an efficient precursor to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) and has been shown to boost NAD+ levels.* NAD+, a metabolite of vitamin B3 (niacin), is essential to mitochondrial function and enables cells to convert both glucose and fatty acids to energy.* NAD+ is involved in sustaining energy, neural health and healthy aging.*
EPActive™. EPA has been shown to support key aspects of cardiometabolic health along with other unique benefits such as positive mood and outlook. Jarrow Formulas® EPActive™ provides 800 mg per gel cap of well- absorbed, triglyceride-based EPA, as found in pure and natural, unrefined fish oil. EPActive™ meets the stringent proposed USP monograph for purity to remove environmental contaminants, heavy metals, such as mercury and organic toxins. Natural mixed tocopherols are used as antioxidants to protect against lipid peroxidation.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
Jarrow Formulas® Inc.
1824 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Year Founded: 1977
Jarrow L. Rogovin, President/Chairman of the Board, Jarrow Formulas; Chairman of the Board, Jarrow Industries
Ben Khowong, CEO/CFO, Jarrow Formulas
Peilin Guo, MS, RD, EVP
Clay DuBose, VP, Sales
Dallas Clouatre, Ph.D., Product Development
Rory Lipsky, MBA, LAc, Senior Director of Business Strategy