Applied Food Sciences (AFS) is the leader in innovation for functional, organic ingredients in the natural products industry. Quality is transparent from seed to label through organic farming, ethical sourcing, and sustainability. AFS cares about every stakeholder from rural farmers to the largest companies in the world.
Founded in 2001, AFS has built their expertise in ethically and sustainably sourcing botanical ingredients and manufacturing ingredients with scalability in mind.
AFS Functional Categories:
• Energy + Focus
• Functional Flavors
• Plant-Based Protein
• Inflammation + Immunity
• Relaxation + Recovery
Key Market Areas
AFS provides functional ingredients to food, beverage, and nutritional supplement manufacturers. Our extracts are designed to be easy to work with due to enhanced solubility and improved functionality.
Major Products/Service Offerings
AFS Featured Ingredients:
• Organic Caffeine – PurCaf®
• Guayusa – AMATEA™ is a patented ingredient for a cognitively uplifting energy.
• Cascara – CoffeeNectar™ coffee fruit extract provides a delicate sweet flavor worth featuring.
• Ginger – PurGinger® is pure organic ginger that is highly water soluble for beverages.
• Turmeric – PurTurmeric® is an organic on-trend flavor that is water soluble for easy formulation.
• Organic Vitamin C – PurC® from Amla provides flavor, nutrition, and pH balance to beverages.
Plant Based Proteins – Check out our new lines of protein in Coffee Protein, Andean Lupin, and Tomato Seed Extract
Applied Food Sciences
8708 S. Congress Ave., Ste. B290
Austin, TX 78745 USA
Year Founded: 2001
Loretta Zapp – CEO
Chris Fields – VP of Scientific Affairs
Jackson Zapp – VP of Innovation
Brian Happel – Global Sales Manager
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.