Spring, TX—The Coconut Coalition of the Americas (CCA) is hosting the 2nd annual National Coconut Day on Friday, June 26, with a #gococonutty theme featuring online education, a recipe contest and coconut recipe demo. To cap off the day, there will be a virtual social and trivia hour. CCA outlined fun and easy ways to get involved:
- Get Social: Follow @CoconutCCA on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to learn about the coconut supply chain, coconut trivia, recipes, and more. Participants can also post coconut recipes, photos and their own celebrations using the hashtags #nationalcoconutday and #gococonutty.
- Enter the National Coconut Day Recipe Contest: CCA notes that coconut is used in oils, flour, water, non-dairy milk, snacks and more. Participants can use coconut products to enter the recipe contest in three categories—food, beverage, and topical. Winners are selected by user votes and will receive a gift pack of coconut goodies from CCA members and a $50 Amazon gift card. Get more details.
- Go Coco-Nutty in the Kitchen: Participants can join CCA for a free coconut recipe demo and chat on Friday, June 26 at 1 p.m. ET. RSVP here.
- Test Your Coconut IQ: CCA is hosting a virtual happy hour and trivia contest on Friday, June 26 at 4:30 p.m. ET. One key fact to know: Despite its name, coconut is a fruit and not a ‘nut’. RSVP here.
- Enjoy coconut treats and sips: Participants can whip up a coconut recipe or purchase a coconut item. Coconut recipes and specials are available on the CCA website.
“We’re excited at the increasing interest in coconut products,” CCA Executive Director Len Monheit said in press release. “Raising the profile of this fruit and its properties is a key CCA objective. Celebrating through a National Day lets us honor our supply chain, traditions and wonderful coconut products in many different formats from foods to beverages to supplements.”