Niwot, CO—Lucky’s Market, which confirmed in January that it would be closing most stores, issued a press release on February 4 announcing that it has entered into new Asset Purchase Agreements (APAs) for a total of seven locations. The APAs are with Southeastern Grocers, Seabra Foods and Hitchcock’s Markets:
- The Southeastern Grocers APA includes Lucky’s locations in Naples, FL; Fort Meyers, FL; Gainesville, FL; Lake Mary, FL; and Melbourne, FL.
- The Seabra Foods APA includes the Hunters Creek, FL location.
- The Hitchcock’s Markets APA includes the St. Petersburg, FL store.
As previously reported, APAs were signed with:
- Lucky’s Market founders Bo and Trish Sharon for seven ongoing leased store operations, which has since been amended to exclude the Melbourne, FL store. The stores subject to Bo & Trish Sharon’s amended APA include Traverse City, MI; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; Columbia, MO; North Boulder and Fort Collins, CO.
- ALDI for five leased store properties and the purchase of one owned property (six total including Coral Springs, FL; Oakland Park, FL; Sarasota, FL; Vineland, FL; Colonial Landing (Orlando), FL; and Venice, FL).
- Publix Super Markets Inc. for five leased store properties (Naples, FL; Neptune Beach, FL; Clermont, FL; South Orange (Orlando), FL; and Ormond Beach, FL).
As WholeFoods previously reported, the APAs are subject to court approval and an overbidding process. PJ Solomon is assisting Lucky’s in the sales of these and other Company assets, and is in active dialogue with various additional potential buyers, according to the press release.
Related: Earth Fare Announces Inventory Liquidation at All Stores
Takeaway from Earth Fare: Venture Capital Equity No Substitute for Authenticity