Recipe courtesy of Alter Eco Foods
1 1/2 cups Alter Eco quinoa
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh or frozen corn
1 cup tightly packed basil leaves, finely chopped
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
1/2 cup diced red onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 to 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 or 2 lemons)
1. Rinse Quinoa thoroughly in cool water and drain.
2. In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, salt and 3 cups water. Bring to boil over high heat.
3. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn, cover and cook until water is absorbed.
4. Let cool, then transfer mixture to large serving bowl. Toss well with fork, fluffing quinoa.
5. Add basil, peppers and onion. Stir in oil and enough lemon juice to give salad a distinct lemony edge. Adjust seasons to taste.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 5/27/2015