Chanukah Gelt Wontons recipe courtesy of the American Association of Orthodontists.
Ingredients: Makes 12
- 24 round wonton wrappers
- 12 large chocolate coins (1 ½”)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- Lay out 12 of the wonton wrappers on a clean work surface.
- Unwrap the chocolate coins and place one in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Lightly brush the edges of each wonton wrapper with water and place another wonton wrapper on top, pressing the edges to seal in the chocolate coin.
- Place butter and canola oil into a large frying pan and melt on medium heat.
- Fry each wonton for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place the cinnamon sugar in a shallow bowl and dip both sides of the wonton until coated.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.
Posted on WholeFoods Magazine Online, 12/8/2016