Recipe courtesy of Choice Organic Teas
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups cornstarch
Dry tea from 4 teabags of Earl Grey Tea
1 1/2 tsp. food-grade lavender
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stir or sift the cornstarch, flour, Earl Grey tea, and salt together and set aside. Cream the softened butter with the sugar for one to two minutes in an electric mixer.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients and blend until the ingredients are incorporated and the dough holds together (it will be kind of dry, but workable). Give it a few kneads on a lightly floured cutting board.
4. Divide dough, wrapping half in an air-tight container while you roll out the other half. Roll to 3/8” thickness and cut with small round or theme cookie cutters.
5. Place on cookie sheet and prick the cookies with a fork (preferably three times, but depends on the size of your cookies).
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. You want the cookies to be completely baked, but not brown. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to completely cool. Store air tight.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 12/30/2014