If you’re on a Low FODMAP diet, be sure to check out this gut-friendly stir fry recipe from chef Dédé Wilson over at FODY Foods Co. The FODY Garlic-Infused Olive Oil gives the dish a fantastic garlicky flavor without any FODMAPs from the garlic vegetable itself.
*Makes 8 Servings
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger (we use a Microplane-style zester)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds (901 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons FODY Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, divided
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup (32 g) chopped scallions, green parts only
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes together in a large bowl until combined. Then, add the chicken and stir to coat. Allow to sit while you prep and cook the vegetables.
- Core and cut the peppers into 3/4-inch (2 cm) strips. Peel the carrots and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch (12 mm) thick discs; set these vegetables aside together.
- Heat a wok or other large sauté pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of FODY Garlic-Infused Olive Oil and heat until shimmering. Then, add the peppers, carrots and scallions. Stir-fry over high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the veggies are just crisp-tender. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of the oil in wok, still over high heat, until shimmering. Remove chicken from the marinade with tongs, allowing excess to drip back into mixing bowl. Discard marinade. Add chicken to hot wok and stir-fry until chicken is just cooked through, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add vegetables to wok and stir-fry for about 1 minute, allowing the entire mixture to come together. Drizzle with sesame oil, if using.
- Serve immediately, with hot rice, if you like.