Recipe courtesy of Teeccino
4 x 10 oz. cups brewed Teeccino (Maya Chocolaté, Mocha or Chocolate Mint)
4 tbsp. chocolate syrup
4 tbsp. brown or raw sugar – organic if available
2 cups. whipping cream, half & half or Slik® non-dairy creamer
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg powder (grate whole nutmeg for best freshest flavor!)
Optional: 1/4 tsp. chile flakes or cayenne powder for those who enjoy more heat!
Whipped cream, cocoa powder, and shaved chocolate flakes to decorate.
Godiva® Dark Chocolate Liqueur or Kahlua
1. Brew Teeccino using 4 heaping tablespoons per 8 cups water in a drip coffee maker or 1 tablespoon per 10 oz water in a French Press.
2. Whisk together the chocolate syrup, cream, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, and chili flakes (or cayenne).
3. Pour the hot Teeccino into the mixture and stir well.
4. Pour mixture into 4 mugs and top with whipped cream.
5. For a lower fat version, instead of topping with whipped cream, foam hot milk using the Bonjour Primo Latté to create a velvety foam for your topping.
6. Sprinkle cocoa powder over the top of the whipped cream or milk foam. Add shaved chocolate flakes to decorate.
7. Optional for Adults: Add 1 oz Godiva® Dark Chocolate liqueur or Kahlua® to each mug.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 12/30/2014