Recipe courtesy of Spork Foods
3/4 cups water
1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar
1 large cinnamon stick
10 oz fresh or frozen organic cranberries (2 1?2 cups)
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice and zest of 1?2 lemon
A dash of sea salt
1/4 cup Setton Farms roasted, shelled Pistachio Kernels (roughly chopped)
2 tbsp. dried cranberries
1. Heat a 2 qt. sauce pot and add water and brown sugar.
2. Bring to simmer over medium heat and add cinnamon stick, fresh or frozen cranberries, lemon juice and zest, and sea salt. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
3. Simmer covered until berries burst and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, this should take about 10 minutes.
4. Remove cinnamon stick and add in diced pistachios and dried cranberries. Cook about 1-2 minutes uncovered and remove from heat.
5. Serve warm or allow to cool, then refrigerate sauce over night.
Serves 6-8, can be made up to 3 days ahead. If you’re interested in making the dish faster, Spork Foods recommends using 1/3 cup packed organic brown sugar and substituting four diced Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites for the pistachios and dried cranberries.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 9/26/14