Recipe courtsey of Nutiva.
10 chicken legs (drummies) (thawed)
4 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil (measured then melted)
2 medium lemons + zest (juiced)
2 tbsp. parsley (fresh)
1.5 tsp. ground pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Gather and measure all ingredients.
2. Place the chicken drummies in a large bowl, and coat them with the melted Red Palm Oil.
3. Add the salt, pepper and parsley and stir together well.
4. Transfer mixture to the slow cooker.
5. Using a grater, zest the two lemons over the mixture in slow cooker.
6. Once the lemons have been fully zested, squeeze the juice from both over the chicken drummies.
7. Place the slow cooker cover on, and slow cook on low for 5-6 hours.
8, As slow cookers can cook at different speeds, check to see if they are done to your liking after 5 hours. If not, continue to cook on low until done.
8. Once they are done, remove from slow cooker and serve immediately.
9. If desired, pour the “juice” leftover on the bottom of the slow cooker over them for even more flavor.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 7/1/2015