In this interview Carrie Pattison discusses the ketogenic diet. The keto diet is very popular and people do lose weight. However the keto diet also has some nutritional challenges. We will discuss what the keto diet is as well as what it is not. Carrie will describe the keto concerns and how you can support yourself during dieting.
- “Keto Flu” – Sometimes people feel worse when they begin the diet. Why is this and what can you do to minimize this?
- Electrolyte Imbalance – Electrolytes are often low in the keto diet.
- Excess Protein – What are the concerns with too much protein in the diet?
- Nutrient Deficiencies – Lack of essential nutrients is a problem with the keto diet. Carrie discusses the specific nutrients to consider.
- Digestive Issues – The keto diet is low in fiber, high in fat and high in protein. This can cause digestive problems.
Targeted Nutritional Solutions
Carrie discusses many of the products from Natural Factors that can be part of your nutritional program. We have discussed many of these nutrients in previous interviews with the experts.
- Aids to weight loss – Berberine, apple cider vinegar.
- Anxiety and sleep – Suntheanine, Tranquil Sleep, Magnesium
- Electrolytes – Deep Ocean Minerals, Fermented Greens.
- Additional Nutrients – Whole Earth and Sea Multivitamin, Omega-3, Probiotics
- Fiber – PGX, Reliefiber
- Digestion – Digestive enzymes will aid digestion. For the keto diet consider Keto Paleo MacroGest.
The challenge is to maintain your nutritional status while undergoing a dramatic weight loss diet. A person who is well nourished will do better than one who isn’t, in almost all cases. Carrie has identified some of most important challenges and what kinds of nutritional support can help you stay well nourished.