Auburn, WA — The Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG), the industry leader in the certification of gluten-free products and food services, announced that 625 products from 12 brands were certified in June and July by its Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), the largest gluten-free certification program in North America.
Products certified ranged from gourmet peanuts to breads to jam, showing continued strong interest on the part of food manufacturers in meeting the needs of the growing gluten-free community, GIG said.
The following brands received certification by the GFCO for products in June and July:
- Gluten Free Me Bakery—24 products received certification, including Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Cranberry Orange Muffin, Multigrain Bread, Wild Blueberry Tea Bread, and more
- Jimbo’s Jumbos Inc.—530 products received certification, including Gourmet Peanuts, Cashew Butter, and more
- Jimtown—8 products received certification, including Artichoke Olive Spread, Romesco Sauce, Spicy Pepper Jam, and more
- Start Right Foods—Waffle & Pancake Mix received certification
- CHEESEBIS—Stand Up Pouch Original received certification
- Capriccio—Bubbly Sangria Capriccio received certification
- FatBoy—14 products received certification, including Cotton Candy Freeze Pop, Nut Sundae, Root Beer Freeze and more
- Jolly Llama—9 products received certification, including Banana Coconut Sorbet Pop, Pineapple coconut Sorbet Pop, Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Cream Pop, and more
- Greenlife—Crunchy Brown Roll and Crunchy Rice Roll received certification
- Base Culture—19 products received certification, including Energy Bites, Maple Almond Butter, Sandwich Bread, and more
- Germinal Organic—9 products received certification, including Apple Bars, Crackers, Crackers with Rosemary, and more
- Gluck—7 products received certification, including Veggie Chips, Veggie Sticks Jalapeno, Veggie Sticks Salt & Vinegar, and more
Products certified by GFCO carry the GF logo—an easily identified certification seal that provides consumer assurance that the product meets the strictest gluten-free standards. GFCO certifies both that a company’s processes and facilities meet GFCO’s standards and also that the products produced meet a standard of 10 ppm-or-less gluten.