London, England—The upcoming Sustainable Foods Summit is set to discuss the future of plant-based and organic foods, according to a press release. There is growing consumer interest in this segment, and companies like Nestlé are taking note.
The summit, organized by Ecovia Intelligence, will be hosted on a dedicated online platform from June 8-11. Key points to be covered include:
- The growing popularity of plant-based foods on a global scale
- The outlook for organic foods, with the European Union having set a target of 25% organic farmland by 2030
- Adding sustainable value to dairy products, in order to overcome environmental objections consumers have to dairy
- Sustainability in retail, including information from Era Zero Waste, a carbon neutral and zero-waste e-tailer that uses refillable packaging for food and personal care products
- Novel food ingredients, such as those developed by Solar Foods, which don’t use agriculture at all
Interested parties can find more information and register here.