Brudgeville, PA—Euromed is celebrating its 50th anniversary following a year of record growth in 2020 due to heightened demand as consumers prioritized health during the COVID-19 pandemic. Marking the milestone, Euromed said employees at its seven administrative offices and three production facilities will reflect on the corporate contributions of phytomedicine researchers and chemical engineers that came before them. A release from the company also recognizes “the longstanding business support of manufacturers in 50 countries that rely on Euromed to provide new botanical medicinal discoveries to address health concerns and support wellbeing.”
“Our 50th anniversary celebrates our expansion into servicing health-oriented consumers on five continents” said Javier Roig, Chief Executive Office for Euromed S.A. “Leading pharmaceutical, food and dietary supplement firms are reliant on Euromed’s standardized extract to maximize the biological efficacy of their formulations.”
Euromed has botanical medicine roots that trace back more than 100 years, according to the release, which explains that the business arose from the 1919 founding of Dr. Madaus & Company by three brothers: Gerhard Madaus, M.D., Friedemund Madaus and Hans Madaus. Euromed was then inaugurated in 1971 for the purpose of supplying medicinal botanical extracts to the Madaus Company and later to other European pharmaceutical
firms. In 2019, Euromed was acquired by the German pharmaceutical firm The Dermapharm Group.
Among the achievements over the past 50 years that Euromed highlighted in the release:
• Manufacturing the first standardized milk thistle extract for use in the world’s leading registered phytomedicinal product in 1971.
• Incorporating Euromed USA, Inc. in 1995, its first North American corporate headquarters.
• Establishing a processing and procurement facility for saw palmetto fruit in central Florida in 2004 and financially supporting the conservation group The Everglades Foundation in 2012.
• Introducing the Phyto-Proof seal of quality for herbal supplement labels in 2015, which is a guarantee of ingredient identity, potency, and purity.
• Acquiring Probelte Biotechnologies manufacturing and laboratory facilities in Murcia, Spain in 2017 for pomegranate and olive fruit extract production.
• Introducing a portfolio of Spanish fruit and vegetable extracts in 2018 to help consumers benefit from following a Mediterranean-style diet.
• Launching Earth Harmony Organic Extracts in 2019.
Celebrating 50 years
Euromed said the company will recognize the contribution of current and former employees and valued customers at an anniversary celebration at its Mollet Del Valles, Barcelona, Spain headquarters in September 2021, if pandemic travel restrictions are eased. And looking ahead, the release notes that Euromed’s innovation and development team has been working to make 2021 its greatest year yet, with more new botanical extract introductions than any other year, with six new standardized extracts being introduced this