Alta Health Products, Inc. was established in 1972 by the late Richard Barmakian, N.D. who traveled around the world to learn the secrets of good health through nutrition and supplementation. Our small line of high quality products work, and work well because each is specially formulated with your needs in mind. After Dr. Barmakian passed away, his wife Judy Haswell moved the company to the great state of Idaho which fits with Alta’s values of healthy living, quality food, and pure, basic supplements. Alta continues to manufacture Dr. Barmakian’s exact formulas and obtains the highest quality ingredients from all parts of the world. We have earned a superior reputation in the nutritional industry and have the pleasure of selling nationwide with the help of our trusted distributors.
Key Market Areas
• Herbal and mineral health supplements.
Major Products/Service Offerings
• Herbal Silica with Bioflavonoids: supports collagen production, bone strength, and heart health by supplying the body with the basic building blocks it needs to produce its own nutrients; also strengthens and encourages healthy hair and nails.
• Magnesium Chloride: Magnesium is the second most plentiful intercellular mineral and is a key component of the bone matrix. It influences positive activity in the circulatory, nervous and digestive systems, and being in the form of chloride helps to regulate hydrochloric acid levels in the stomach which, in turn, aids nutrient absorption.
• Can-Gest: a natural digestive aide using eight herbal extracts that are traditionally known to reduce symptoms of common digestive issues including heartburn, indigestion, bloating and regularity while simultaneously nourishing the lower portion of the digestive tract.
• Potassium Chloride: Potassium is the most plentiful mineral in the cells and is lost through excessive sweating, severe stress and during sickness. Our capsule delivers a dose of potassium that can help with cramping, restless legs, nutrient deficiencies and beyond.
Researchers out of the University of Vermont used Alta’s Magnesium Chloride in a study on depression relief. They found very positive results in their subjects who added Magnesium Chloride to their daily routine during the six-week trial.
Alta Health Products, Inc.
PO Box 990
Idaho City, ID 83631-0990
Year Founded: 1972
Judy Haswell, President, CEO, Owner
Frieda Stevens, Manager
Lauren Stevens, Assistant Manager
Ashley Jackson, Warehouse Manager