Auburn, WA—The Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO) certified 273 products from 23 brands as gluten-free from January through April, according to a press release from the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG).
GFCO certifies the product to 10 parts per million or less of gluten, performs both planned and unannounced site audits, and tests products directly off the store shelves.
The latest batch of certifications includes:
- BakeGood—4 products certified, including Almond Flour Blend and Coconut Flour
- BIO—11 products certified, including BIO Bread and BIO Berry
- Brew Dr. Kombucha—25 products certified, including Clear Mind and Ginger Turmeric
- Cal & Gary’s—8 products certified, including White Cheddar Jalapeno Popcorn and Crinkle Cut Cheddar Kettle Cooked Chips
- Elmhurst—20 products certified, including Oat Creamer Apple Pie Spice and Oat Latte Cocoa
- Fix and Fogg—6 products certified, including Smooth Peanut Butter and Super Crunchy
- Garlic Expressions—Garlic Expressions certified
- Husk—43 products certified, including Chocolate Chip Cookie and Jam Drop Raspberry
- JuneShine—13 products certified, including Honey Ginger Lemon and Blood Orange Mint
- Kentucky Kernel—Kentucky Kernel Gluten Free Seasoned Flour certified
- Kuzefuku & Sons—37 products certified, including Organic Juice Drink with Apple Cider Vinegar and Organic Fruit Spread Blueberry
- LesserEvil—53 products certified, including Organic Popcorn – Himalayan Park and Chia Pop – Aged White Cheddar Organic Popcorn
- Love Corn—4 products certified, including Seal Salt 0.7 oz and Sea Salt 4 oz
- Melly’s—Melly’s Homemade Meatball Mix
- Mi Masa—3 products certified, including Mi Masa (20 pounds) and Mi Masa (50 pounds)
- Milk Specialties Global—Organic PROriz™ 80% Brown Rice Protein Concentrate and PROriz™ 80% Brown Rice Protein Concentrate
- Natural Food Pantry—8 products certified, including Natural Food Pantry Chocolate Shorties and Keto Crackers Italian
- Nong’s Khao Man Gai—Gluten Free Nong’s Khao Man Gai Sauce certified
- Noops, Inc.—6 products certified, including Brownie and French Toast
- Planet Protein—Chocolate Magic – 50 Scoops certified
- Pop Art Snacks—10 products certified, including Rosemary Truffle and Dill Pickle Vegan Ranch
- Rosaluna—Rosaluna Artesanal Mezcal Joven (Espadin) certified
- Tolerant—14 products certified, including Organic Red Lentil Rice Pilaf with Wild Mushroom Seasoning and Organic Chickpea Rotini
Related: The Differences in Gluten-Free Certification [Sponsored]
GFCO Certifies 103 Products
Gluten Intolerance Group Rebrands
GIG has also been active during the COVID-19 pandemic—as groceries are selling out and people are staying inside for longer periods of time, the organization notes that those who need to eat gluten-free may be having a tough time finding and storing safe foods. As such, GIG has published several articles on how to prepare for quarantine, how to make use of beans and grains not labeled gluten-free, and how to make food last.
GFCO offers a gluten-free product finder on their site.