Chicago, IL—The 2019 KeHE Holiday Show was a record-breaker, according to a press release, involving nearly 5,000 industry professionals and more than 750 exhibitors.
The show took place in Chicago’s McCormick Place on June 12-13, where retailers could explore the innovative products in the OnTrend Pavilion, along with a variety of old favorites.
Day two featured KeHE’s Serving Goodness event, where nearly 5,000 attendees volunteered to help pack 50,000 meals for local families in need. Ari Goldsmith, executive director of marketing at KeHE, said in the release: “After partnering with the Children’s Hunger Fund for a similar event at Expo West, we knew we wanted to bring this experience to our own shows and create a community of goodness with our own attendees.” Along similar lines, the KeHE community donated nearly 40,000 pounds of food products to the Greater Chicago Food Depository following the show.
The show, according to the release, was a success. Brandon Barnholt, president and CEO at KeHE, said: “The amount of innovation our suppliers have on display at our shows continues to raise the bar. Our retailers depend on our shows to taste and see OnTrend items and to stay ahead of the pack when it comes to their category sets. We’re proud of the marketplace we’ve created at the Holiday Show that allows our attendees to experience and explore all KeHE has to offer in the specialty, natural & organic, and fresh arenas.”
The ten OnTrend Award winners were:
- OnTrend® Beverage: Vitacup
- OnTrend® Condiments: 4th & Heart
- OnTrend® Confections & Baking: Justin’s
- OnTrend® Fresh: Mush
- OnTrend® Frozen: Base Culture
- OnTrend® General Merchandise: The Bear & The Rat: Cool Treats For Dogs
- OnTrend® Health & Wellness: Good Goo
- OnTrend® Mission-Based Brand: Vital Farms
- OnTrend® Snack Foods & Bars: Artisan Tropic
- OnTrend® Staple Goods & Grains Nutiva
- OnTrend® Best of Show: Nuttzo
For a video recap, go here.