Recipe courtesy of Zemas Madhouse Foods
1 Zemas Gluten-Free Cocoa Teff Pancake & Waffle mix
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups palm sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
4 teaspoon instant coffee or instant espresso powder
1 15 oz. can of organic black beans
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup filtered water
1 and 1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts or walnuts (optional)
1 cup gluten-free/dairy-free mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini-muffin tin with non-stick.
2. In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Drain and rinse the black beans until the water runs clear, return beans to can and fill with water.
4. Add beans with water, vanilla and additional water to a blender and puree.
5. Combine puree with dry mixture and stir to combine. Add in chocolate chips and nuts as desired.
6. Pour batter into mini-muffin tin and fill 2/3 full. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean, careful not to overcook.
7. Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes then remove and cool on wire rack. Can also be stored and frozen in an airtight container for maximum enjoyment.
Yields 40+ mini muffin bites.
Published On WholeFoods Magazine Online, 5/23/2014