Butternut Squash with Fresh Herbs recipe courtesy of Earthbound Farm
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 package Earthbound Farm Frozen Organic Butternut Squash
- ½ tsp Sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat the butter in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over high heat until melted. Stir in the thyme and rosemary. Add the frozen squash, sprinkle with sugar and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until squash is almost tender.
- Remove the lid and increase heat to high. Stir-fry until the butternut is lightly mashed and very tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Fresh Variation: Substitute 10 oz (2 cups) fresh butternut squash, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes, for the frozen. When you reduce the heat, add 1/2 cup water and cook the squash, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until almost tender. Then continue with the same instructions.
Posted on WholeFoods Magazine Online, 11/21/2016