Recipe courtesy of Aiya
· 6 small granny smith apples
· 6-8 ounces white chocolate chips
· 1 tsp Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha
· Chocolate Sprinkles; as needed
· Chopped nuts of your choice; as needed
· Other desired toppings
· Popsicle sticks or any other stick
- Wash and remove stems from granny smith apples. (You can use your favorite red apple for a sweeter result)
- Pierce the sticks into the apple, where the stem had been removed.
- Pour 6-8 ounces (appx ½ bag) white chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and then microwave for 30 more seconds. If the chocolate chips are not yet melted, microwave some more in 10 second intervals.
- Sift 1 tsp. Aiya Cooking Grade Matcha over the melted chocolate. Stir using a spoon until incorporated.
- Dip and coat the apples with Matcha white chocolate mixture. It helps to use the front of a spoon to “carve” the Matcha chocolate mixture onto the apple.
- Dip the bottom third of the apple into your desired toppings.
- Place onto parchment paper to dry.
Published on WholeFoods Magazine Online, 11/16/2015