This recipe is provided by NAKANO.
- 1/4 cup NAKANO Organic Original Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned, or 4 pieces of salmon or firm white fish
- 1/2 tsp. arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp. minced cilantro
- For the marinade, combine vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce and ginger. Reserve some for glazing. Using some of the sauce, marinate chicken or fish for half an hour, covered, in refrigerator. To cook, discard marinade; grill or broil meat, turning as needed to prevent burning (sugars in the marinade make the meats char more readily).
- Blend arrowroot into remaining marinade. Stir in cilantro. To thicken, microwave on high for 1 minute or until sauce is smooth. Glaze top of each serving with thickened sauce. Garnish with an orange slice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings. NOTE: This is a good sauce for raw fish, too.