Recipe courtesy of Zemas Madhouse Foods
1 Zemas Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownie Bite mix
1/2 c. black beans
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
10 oz. water
1 bar NibMore Dark Chocolate Mint bars, chopped
1 jar India Tree Peppermint Crunch candy
1 1/2 c. walnuts or hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Drain black beans in a strainer until the water runs clear and place in blender with additional water and vanilla. Puree.
3. Add pureed mixture to dry mix and combine. Mix in NibMor chocolate bar and nuts.
4. Fill mini-muffin cups 2/3 of the way full and bake 8 minutes. Take out muffin tin and sprinkle with Peppermint Crunch candy, gently pressing the candy into the mini-muffin bites.
5. Place in oven and bake an additional 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.
Yields 24 mini-muffin bites. Zemas recommends storing leftover mint brownie bites in airtight container and freezing them for another day.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 10/14/2014.