Homey Apple Crumble recipe courtesy of Calmful Living
4 medium Fuji or Gala apples, cored and chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup maple syrup, divided
1 cup almond flour
½ cup walnuts, chopped
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, nutmeg and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Add mixture to one 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- In the same mixing bowl, toss almond flour with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, walnuts and sea salt.
- Spread the topping over the apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until apples are bubbling and topping is golden.
- Serve warm.
Posted on WholeFoods Magazine Online, 11/21/2016