Irish Soda Bread recipe by Spectrum
- 1/2 cup Hain Pure Foods sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose Arrowhead Mills flour
- 2 teaspoons Hain Pure Foods baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Hain Pure Foods baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Hain Pure Foods Sea salt
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a round loaf pan or a 9 inch round baking or cake pan with Spectrum Organic Shortening.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour (reserving 1 tablespoon), sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins and caraway seeds. In a small bowl, blend eggs, buttermilk and sour cream. Stir the liquid mixture into flour mixture just until flour is moistened. Knead dough in bowl about 10 to 12 strokes. Dough will be sticky. Place the dough in the prepared skillet or pan and pat down. Cut a 4-3/4 inch deep slit in the top of the bread. Dust with reserved flour
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 65 to 75 minutes. Let cool and turn bread onto a wire rack.
Posted on WholeFoods Magazine Online, 3/13/17