Recipe provided by Eden Foods
1/2 cup Eden Organic Quinoa, rinsed, drained
1/2 cup Eden Organic Red Quinoa, rinsed, drained
2 cups Eden Organic Oat Flakes or any Eden flakes or combination of flakes
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup ground flax seed meal
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup organic honey
1/4 cup organic pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon Eden Organic Safflower Oil
3 tablespoon Eden Organic Tamari Roasted Almonds, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoon Eden Organic Roasted & Salted Pistachios, whole or coarsely chopped
3 tablespoon Eden Organic Roasted & Salted Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 cup Eden Organic Dried Cranberries
or Eden Organic Wild Dried Blueberries
1/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Place the quinoa, oats, coconut, flax meal and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Combine the honey, maple syrup and oil, and pour over the quinoa mixture. Mix to evenly coat the dry ingredients.
3. Spread the mixture on a parchment paper lined large cookie sheet.
4. Bake for about 35 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes to evenly roast and prevent burning.
5. Remove and add the almonds, pistachios and pumpkin seeds.
6. Mix and bake for another 15 minutes, stirring once or twice more.
7. Remove from the oven and add the dried cranberries and raisins to the granola mix. The granola is now ready to eat.
Note: To store, let cool to room temperature before placing in a tightly sealed glass jar or container in your cupboard or pantry.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 5/28/2014