Sweet Potato Bacon Bites recipe courtesy of Whole Foods Market
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut crosswise into (1/2-inch) thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- Olive spray oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- Zest of 1 Satsuma tangerine, clementine or small orange
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet until almost crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to let drain, and then finely chop.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with flour and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Spray a large baking sheet with oil and then arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer. Spray tops with oil and bake on the bottom third of the oven, flipping once, until golden brown and tender, 20 to 25 minutes; set aside to let cool until warm.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and zest. To serve, top each round of sweet potato with a dollop of sour cream, bacon and green onions.
Posted on WholeFoods Magazine Online, 11/21/2016