Recipe courtesy of Massel
6 baby portabella mushrooms or 2 large ones
1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese or a vegan cheese that melts well
1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated purple onion
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp. of Massel Concentrated Liquid Stock or 1 Massel Ultracube or 1 tsp. of Massel All Purpose Bouillon & Seasoning granules
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Rub mushrooms clean and take out center stems.
2. In a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and toss together.
3. Mound the filling into each mushroom and pack down a bit.
4. Place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake at 375F/190C for about 30 minutes.
5. Look for the mushroom to feel cooked and the top to be browned.
6. Serve immediately.
Serves 2 or makes 6 appetizers. Massel recommends making your own gluten-free bread crumbs by toasting your favorite gluten-free bread and pulsing it into crumbs in your food processor.
Published by WholeFoods Magazine Online, 9/26/14