Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Soup recipe courtesy of Massel
- 8 cups broth using Massel Ultracubes, vegetable flavor
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red onions, quartered
- 4 lbs sweet potato, peeled and cut into large rustic chunks
- ½ cup raw macadamias soaked for 4-6 hours, plus more to taste
- Whole raw macadamias (optional topping)
- Chopped cilantro or coriander (optional topping)
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into rustic chunks with the red onions.
- Toss the vegetables in olive oil and Celtic sea salt (optional).
- Roast in a slow oven (300°-325°F) for about 1 hour so as not to get any burnt black bits.
- Bring stock to the boil. Add in roasted vegetables and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then blend in batches in your blender with the macadamias.
- Return to the stove, and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Season to taste.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander and some raw macadamias and devour!
Posted on WholeFoods Magazine Online, 11/21/2016