Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce recipe courtesy of Earthbound Farm
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- Zest of 1 orange (removed in strips)
- 1 star anise pod
- 1 ½ cups Earthbound Farm Organic Dried Cranberries
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Tbsp orange liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier (or more to taste)
- Place the sugar and juice in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring often, until the sugar dissolves.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the strips of zest, star anise, and the dried and fresh cranberries. Cook, uncovered, until the berries soften and burst their skins, and the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Discard the zest and star anise. Stir in the orange liqueur. The sauce may be covered and refrigerated for up to 10 days.
Posted on WholeFoods Magazine Online, 11/21/2016