Anaheim, CA—Natural Products Expo West will not be rescheduled, according to an announcement from New Hope Network, which will be shifting its focus to Natural Products Expo East, to take place in Philadelphia, PA, September 23-26.
The announcement says: “2020 will be the first time in 40 years that we will not host an annual natural & organic products show in Anaheim. We’re disappointed, and we know many of you will be as well. So, what are we doing about it? We are directing our attention to Philadelphia and are excited about the opportunities we can provide the industry via our increased exhibition and gathering spaces within the Pennsylvania Convention Center and the plans we have for showcasing the industry’s emerging brands, new product innovations, and sustainability efforts in unique ways.”
New Hope will be working with their Expo West partners, exhibitors, and attendees to find solutions for them, either in Philadelphia or through other New Hope platforms.
Related: Expo West 2020 Product Roundup
Natural Products Community Rallies After Expo West Postponed
BREAKING: SupplySide East Rescheduled
New Hope has also formed an independent advisory council to help them establish criteria for how to best manage and disperse the $5 million fund to support emerging brands affected by the Expo West cancellation. The group will be led by John Grubb, a former Managing Partner of Sterling-Rice Group and the current Board President of Naturally Boulder. The council will convene for the first time on March 16 and will aim to give the New Hope team guidance by the week of April 6.
The other members of the group include:
- John Foraker, Co-Founder & CEO, Once Upon a Farm
- Jane Miller, CEO, Lily’s Sweets
- Julie Smolyansky, CEO, Lifeway Foods
- Katlin Smith, Founder & CEO, Simple Mills
- Vincent Kitirattragarn, Co-Founder & CEO, Dang Foods
- Angela McElwee, President & CEO, Gaia Herbs
- Blair Kellison, CEO, Traditional Medicinals
- Lisa Curtis, Founder & CEO, Kuli Kuli
- Lara Dickinson, Executive Director, OSC2
- Terry DeBlasio, Buyer, PCC Markets
- Wayne Wu, General Partner, VMG
- Andy Whitman, Managing Partner, 2X Partners
- Tony Olson, Owner & CEO, SPINS
- Brandon Barnholt, President & CEO, KeHE
- Eric Schnell, Co-Founder, Beyond Brands
- Bob Burke, Principal, Natural Products Consulting
- Jim Slama, Founder & CEO, Good Food Accelerator and FamilyFarmed
New Hope has an FAQ page available here.