Newtown Square, PA—Research America has acquired Segmedica, a press release states, bringing the company’s total number of acquisitions over the past six years to 16.
The acquisition is intended to help bolster the research capabilities provided by Natural Marketing Institute, which Research America acquired in July 2020. Segmedica is in the field of applying the behavioral sciences to healthcare and wellness consulting, market research, and market segmentation.
Segmedica’s areas of expertise include:
- Disease areas such as autoimmune, cardiology, gastroenterology, pain management, and more
- Medical device areas such as cardiac, diabetes, pulmonary, and more
- Consumer nutrition and nutraceuticals
- Consumer experience in areas such as disease management, health and wellness, and retail food and beverages as they relate to health and wellness
- Health services such as integrated delivery systems, medical distributors, and more
“We are excited to welcome Peter and Donna Simpson of Segmedica to our family of leading market research companies,” said Robert Porter, CEO of Research America, Inc., in the press release. “Their collaborative culture and entrepreneurial spirit are a perfect match with Research America’s, and their expertise in healthcare and wellness market research will synergize well with our existing research capabilities in those areas.”
Peter and Donna Simpson—both Principals at the company—and their team will remain in place and continue to serve their long-term clients. In the press release, Peter Simpson stated: “Merging with Research America will absolutely extend and strengthen our areas of expertise.” Donna Simpson added: “We are looking forward to this exciting new venture.”