Las Vegas, NV—Industry suppliers will again gather in Las Vegas to learn about the latest in natural product ingredients and raw materials. Taking place November 5–9 at the Venetian & Sands Expo, SupplySide West again offers a blend of educational and networking events.
Kicking off the show are the SupplySide West Golf Classic (sponsored by Pharmachem Laboratories) and GMP Training. Many sessions focus on regulatory and legislative issues, including a round-up of FDA enforcement, truthful advertising, GMP compliance, GRAS/NDI notifications, fighting class action lawsuits and more. Of note, FDA’s Daniel Fabricant, Ph.D., will offer an update of recent FDA enforcement. A hefty schedule of VendorBrief presentations will take place throughout the event.
Ronald J. Lewis, vice president of procurement and chief procurement officer at The Coca-Cola Company, will be the featured speaker at this year's event. Lewis will cover his company's evolution and growth strategy, as well as talk about how procurement helps meet company goals.
Last, watch for these events on the SuppySide show floor.
- Aker BioMarine is showing off a new booth (20039) with three educational centers (free drinks Wednesday at 4:00), and is sponsoring "Superba Krill: The New Omega" in booth 15075 on Nov. 7 at 2:30.
- Carotech (booth 18033) will to share the latest human clinical trials of its self-affirmed GRAS, patented and bioenhanced natural full spectrum palm tocotrienol complex (Tocomin SupraBio).
At booth 23011, BASF will toast to the 100th anniversary of the vitamin (Wednesday, Nov. 7, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.). The company will offer complimentary cocktails and samples of prototypes containing various vitamins.
- Horphag Research is discussing the results of a new study on the benefits of Pycnogenol for controlling allergic asthma. (booth #23032)
- PL Thomas and Polyphenolics are sposoring a presentation, "Beyond Antioxidants: A New Generation of Grape Seed Polyphenol Extracts" (Nov. 7 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. in the Education Area/Casanova Rooms 503-504). Breakfast will be served and attendees have a xhange to win a Sony Bloggie Touch Camera. Invitees are asked to pre-register by emailing their full name, company name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nebraska Cultures Inc. will be showing off its new probiotic, ProDURA (a specific strain of Bacillus coagulans) at booth 16062.
- Sidney J. Stohs, Ph.D., will be in the Nutratech booth (#28045) on Wednesday, November 7, from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm and on Thursday, November 8, from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm. to discuss his research on bitter orange.
- Bergstrom Nutrition (19017) and Glanbia Nutritionals (20055) will launch a new exercise recovery and joint support protein powder prototype at the show. Featuring OptiMSM and a revolutionary new bioactive called PepForm® BCAA 2:1:1 Peptides, it will be distributed from both companies’ booths.
- In booth 23055, Ixoreal Biotech is sponsoring the KSM-66 Rejuvenation and Stress-Relief Center. Get a free chair massage and refreshments.
- Soft Gel and Rochem are sponsoring Thanks with Franks in the aisles on Thursday (12:30-1:30).
There's lots to do before and after show hours.
- DSM and Vitamin Angels are hosting an opening reception on Wednesday (5:30-7:30) at Tao.
- Runners can enjoy a 2.5K run with Olympic athletes, courtesy of Bioenergy Lifesciences on Wednesday at 7a.m. Separate registration is required.
- Vitamin Angels and Neptune are co-sponsoring a charity poker night on Tuesday, starting at 6 p.m. Separate registration required – RSVP with Ashley Remy (email@example.com or 450-687-2262)
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, November 2012 (updated 10/22/12)