New York, NY—Natural products suppliers and manufacturers are gearing up for one of the biggest supplier-oriented tradeshows of the year. SupplySide MarketPlace will be held at the Javitz Center in New York City, April 30–May 2. Here are some highlights from this year’s show:
• NCN XII: Nutrition Capital Network’s Spring 2013 Investor Meeting will take place April 29–30 for registered investors and presenting companies that have pre-applied.
• May 1 (9:30–9:45 a.m.) kicks off with a presentation of the inaugural SupplySide Insight Awards, which will honor innovation in beverages, cosmetics and omega-3s.
• Following the awards (May 1, 9:45–10:30 a.m.) will be featured speaker Daniel Fabricant, Ph.D., director of the division of dietary supplement programs at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Fabricant is scheduled to discuss current regulatory concerns in the supplements market and GMP compliance.
• For the manufacturing minded, all-day GMP Training Sessions will be available April 30–May 1 for an additional fee on topics including 21 CFR 111, vendor qualifications and auditing, and maintaining accurate batch records.
• Also for an additional fee, Small Short Courses (held April 30–May 1) will cover European health claims legislation and pre/probiotics.
• SupplySide Marketing Insights Summit (April 30, 1:00–4:00 p.m.) will help companies build and better position their lines.
• New for 2013 are Buyer/Seller Luncheons (May 1–2, 12:00–1:30 p.m.), featuring group discussions on various topics led by industry leaders. Attendees can pick a lunch topic and participate in the discussion.
• Also new this year are SupplySide Why presentations, short talks given throughout the day on May 1–2 from the show floor.
• The tradeshow floor will be open May 1 (10:30–5:00 p.m.) and May 2 (10:30–4:00 p.m.).
• Rochem will sponsor the Drinks On Us Reception on May 1 (4:00–5:00 p.m.).
Published in WholeFoods Magazine, April 2013