For the last several decades, coenzyme Q10 had only been available as a supplement in its oxidized form—ubiquinone. In order for the ubiquinone form of CoQ10 to be properly utilized, it first must be reduced in the body to its active metabolite, ubiquinol. The reduced form, ubiquinol, is easily oxidized in air, making it difficult to supply a commercially viable, stable, product. In 2007, Kaneka Nutrients (North American division of Kaneka Corporation) established the technology that enables the manufacture of a commercial, stable form of ubiquinol in bulk and confirmed its safety in preclinical toxicity studies and a published human clinical study. Just as care must be taken to produce the raw material, CoQH-CF® softgels with Kaneka Ubiquinol™ are manufactured under special conditions to ensure a stable, effective supplement.
What is CoQH-CF®?
• Extremely shelf-stable softgels containing a liquid, crystal-free formulation of CoQ10 in the ubiquinol form.
• A patented formulation of Kaneka Ubiquinol™ — a patented, stabilized form of ubiquinol — with ingredients that protect it from being oxidized and crystallized: alpha-lipoic acid, d-Limonene, and capric and caprylic acid.
• Clinically proven to provide superior bioavailability of ubiquinol.
CoQH-CF® softgels provide a highly efficient platform for delivering the reduced form of CoQ10 for maximum utilization. Ubiquinol differs structurally from ubiquinone in that it has two additional hydrogen atoms, with two extra electrons. Supplementing with this form makes CoQ10 more readily available to those who need it most. Individuals suffering from oxidative stress conditions are subject to major changes in the body’s amounts of ubiquinol and ubiquinone. The therapeutic opportunity is to influence the ubiquinol to ubiquinone ratio and reduce the chronic burden of oxidation at the cellular level.
CoQH-CF® allows individuals who are unable to process CoQ10 effectively on their own (primarily those over 40, or who have elevated levels of oxidative stress) to increase blood levels of CoQ10 because the nutrient is already reduced and ready for the body to use from the instant the softgel disintegrates.
The ramifications of widespread use of this novel form of CoQ10 are profound. For the first time, it may be possible to achieve the sustained high blood levels of biologically active ubiquinol needed to delay certain manifestations of aging and its related disorders.
How Does It Work?
The reduced form of CoQ10, ubiquinol, acts as an antioxidant to protect proteins, LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, and mitochondrial DNA from oxidative damage.* It also reduces levels of lipid peroxidation — supporting cardiovascular health.*
CoQH-CF® is Safe and Has Superior Bioavailability Compared with CoQ10 Crystalline Powder
Although CoQ10 is classified as a fat-soluble nutrient, its degree of solubility is extremely limited. Bioavailability plays a key role in CoQ10 formulations. A double-blind, randomized two-arm crossover study sponsored by Soft Gel Technologies, Inc.® was conducted to compare the bioavailability of two CoQ10 formulations —CoQH-CF® and a CoQ10 hard-shell capsule. Ten subjects over the age of 60 were recruited. This study was published in the Journal of Functional Foods, and demonstrated that the greater bioavailability of CoQH-CF® produced statistically significant results for higher plasma concentrations of CoQ10.
Compared to CoQ10 crystalline powder, supplementation with CoQH-CF® achieved:
• Significantly higher plasma concentrations of CoQ10
• 4.3x higher plasma area under the curve of reduced and total CoQ10
• 3.3x higher plasma area under the curve of oxidized CoQ10
• Faster peak blood levels of CoQ10
As our study implies, a softgel delivery system plays a key role in enhancing the effectiveness of CoQ10 getting into the bloodstream. CoQH-CF® is a completely solubilized CoQ10 formula that resists recrystallization and improves dissolution.
Extreme care must be taken to prevent the exposure and degradation effects of oxygen when manufacturing supplements containing Ubiquinol.
SGTI protects ubiquinol from oxidation through careful manufacturing processes and its patented crystal-free formula. The formula maintains ubiquinol in its reduced state, making it readily available to enter the energy production process.
CoQH-CF® is stable, and exclusively available from SGTI in 50 and 100 mg softgel dosages.
• Aging, certain medications and certain disease states can deplete CoQ10 levels.
• CoQ10 in crystalline powder form is difficult to absorb.
• The most effective solution for achieving CoQ10 bioavailability is complete solubility. The crystal-free (CF) form is easy to absorb.
• CoQH-CF® is already in the reduced ubiquinol form.
• Ubiquinol is protected from oxidation and recrystallization.
• CoQH-CF® is safe and has clinically proven superior bioavailability.
Coenzyme Q10 is a powerful protective nutraceutical for heart and overall health, but if it is not absorbed and therefore utilized, it will not confer its true and potent benefits. Ubiquinol is coenzyme Q10 that has been metabolized, or essentially processed by the body, for use in the cellular respiration process. Supplementing with ubiquinol increases plasma levels of CoQ10 efficiently, particularly in individuals that are unable to process CoQ10 effectively on their own.
SGTI has perfected a solution to keep the reduced form of CoQ10 just that — reduced. Our CoQH-CF® softgels deliver a stable, solubilized form of Kaneka Ubiquinol™, so the body can effectively use this important antioxidant for optimum health, longevity, and vitality.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.