Washington, D.C.—The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) and the American Conference Institute (ACI) will hold the 8th annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Dietary Supplements from June 23-25 at the Intercontinental New York Times Square.
Steve Mister, President and CEO, CRN, and Scott Bass, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP, are co-chairing the event to present a range of discussions on the politics and policies shaping the industry’s current legislative and regulatory landscape. Steven Tave, Director, FDA’s of Office of Dietary Supplement Programs, will deliver a “Fireside Chat.”
Related: CRN Announces Chairs for Legal, Regulatory, And Compliance Forum
Impact of Coronavirus on Supplement Industry “Very, Very Serious”
Mandatory Product Listing: Beneficial, or Burdensome?
Session topics slated for this year’s forum include:
- Building Consumer Confidence and Reducing Legal Threats to the Industry Through Innovation and Science
- Questions Surrounding Synthetic Botanical Constituents, Drug Exclusions, and Other Inconsistent Interpretations of the Dietary Supplement Definition
- NDI Notifications vs. GRAS Determinations
- The Current State of a Legal Path for CBD in Dietary Supplements
- The Impact of Increased State Consumer Protection Activity on the Dietary Supplement Industry
- Innovative Claims and the Increasing Use of Influencers to Promote Products, and Risk
- Anticipating Post-Implementation Challenges with the BE Label
- Examining Potential New FDA Guidance on Certificates of Free Sale and the Ongoing Tariff and Treaty Saga
- Addressing Current Standards and International Guidelines for Prebiotics, Probiotics, and Now Postbiotics
- Implementing Winning Strategies for Meeting Retailer and Consumer Demands for Quality
- Ensuring Supply Chain Integrity and Transparency, and Meeting Corporate Social Responsibility Expectations
- Understanding Prop 65 List Determinations
- Responding to Thorny Class Action Litigation Claims
The conference also offers two add-on, post-forum workshops: Understanding Current Domestic and International Legal Status and How to Manage Legal Risks for Distributing Hemp-Derived CBD; and International Dietary Supplement Commercialization in the Current Geopolitical Climate.
To register, go here. Early bird pricing is available through April 17.