London—The Sustainable Food Awards for 2020 is now open for entries. The Sustainable Food Awards, organized by Ecovia Intelligence aims to recognize operators who contribute to the sustainable food industry.
The awards are open to many types of operators in the sustainable food industry, including: food and beverage brands, ingredient firms, packaging companies and industry organizations who help encourage sustainability in food.
Related: Ardent Mills Releases Annual Sustainability Report
The Sustainability Shift in Packaging
Sustainable Business: Serving a Worthy Purpose
The award categories are as follows:
- New Sustainable Product: a new food/beverage product with important sustainability credentials.
- Sustainable Ingredient: a new ingredient that makes a sustainable difference in terms of environmental and/or social impact.
- Sustainable Packaging: a new packaging that contributes to sustainability in terms of lower environmental impact and/or providing social value.
- Sustainability Pioneer: an operator in the food industry that is a pioneer leader in some aspects of sustainability.
- Sustainability Leadership: an operator that leads in various aspects of sustainability.
The closing date for entries is May 1 and finalists will be notified by May 15. The awards reception will be held on June 11 in Amsterdam and co-hosted alongside the European edition on June 10 through the 12. Winners and finalists will have the benefit of media coverage and recognition of their achievements for sustainability.