Washington, D.C.—The FTC has sent warning letters to 35 more marketers nationwide for making unsubstantiated claims that their products can treat or prevent COVID-19. This is the sixth set of warning letters FTC has sent.
Most of the letters, according to an FTC press release, target “treatments” offered in clinics or medical offices, including intravenous vitamin C and D infusions, supposed stem cell therapy, and vitamin injections.
The letters state that one of more of the efficacy claims made by the marketers are unsubstantiated, therefore violating the FTC Act. The letters advise the recipients to immediately stop making all claims that their products can treat or cure COVID-19, and to notify FTC within 48 hours about the specific actions they have taken to address the agency’s concerns. If the claims do not cease, the Commission may seek a federal court injunction and an order requiring money to be refunded to customers.
Related: FTC Sends Letters to 50 More Marketers Nationwide
Vitamin C and D Supplements Safe, Effective Immune Support, Study Finds
FTC Mailing Refund Checks to Consumers who Bought Deceptively Marketed Products
The recipients include the following:
- Cory’s SEOM (Special Essential Oil Mixes) (Escondido, California)
Vitamins, Supplements, Silver, and Chinese Herbal Treatments:
- Bixa Human (online only)
- Bodhi Glyphix (Wales Center, New York)
- Cho Acupuncture & Herbal Clinic (Norcross, Georgia)
- Dramov Naturopathic Medical Center (Tigard, Oregon)
- Dr. Don Colbert (Southlake, Texas)
- Evergreen Naturopathic (Spokane, Washington)
- GlyCop Co-op (Boise, Idaho)
- Hawaii Naturopathic Retreat (Hilo, Hawaii)
- Hot Springs Biofeedback (Texarkana, Texas)
- Kimbertouch Technologies (online only)
- Love Acupuncture & Wellness Group (Clackamas, Oregon)
- Natural Health 365 (Clermont, Florida)
- Organic Hawaii, LLC (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Pure Prescriptions, Inc. (Carlsbad, California)
- The Feed (Boulder, Colorado)
- The Nutritional Healing Center of Ann Arbor (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Utopia Silver Supplements (Utopia, Texas)
The full list can be found here.