Be’er Sheva, Israel—Lycored has launched two new digital initiatives to raise awareness regarding lycopene, according to a press release.
The company has overhauled its Lycopedia, adding several new features:
- A page demonstrating the role of lycopene in skin health
- A module explaining how lycopene works in partnership with phytonutrients like lutein
- New information regarding the synergy between lycopene and tocopherol and their role in supporting prostate health
- A section showcasing recent research on the benefits of tomato phytonutrients for healthy cholesterol levels
- Details on how lycopene can support bone health in post-menopausal women
Lycored has also launched a consumer-friendly site, lycopene.com, full of resources including recipes and facts about the benefits of lycopene.
Related: Lycored Celebrates Fourth Annual Heart & Soil Day with Pothole Gardens
Lycored Uncovers Inner Beauty of Tomatoes
Keys to a Healthy Heart
Backing this decision: A new Lycored White Paper, ‘Beyond health elitism,’ which found that 37% of consumers surveyed by the company said they used websites and blogs to support their wellness lifestyles, and that 32% of consumers used apps or devices for wellness.
Golan Raz, Head of Lycored’s Global Health Division, said in the release: “For Lycored, lycopene is more than a phytonutrient – it’s our partner. As we discover more about its many benefits, we want to share our findings with consumers, and these digital resources help us do that in eye-catching new ways. We hope they will increase awareness—in the nutrition industry as well as among consumers—about the valuable role of lycopene.”
Zev Ziegler, Head of Global Brand and Marketing, Health, added: “Wellness is usually a gradual journey rather than a sudden transformation, and companies like ours have a responsibility to help consumers make small healthy steps. Providing digital wellness tools is an increasingly important way of supporting them.”