The Martin Bauer Group has released its first sustainability report, according to a press release.
The sustainability report, according to a press release, is based on the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), which provides a widely used framework for reporting on sustainability by companies and organizations. The report addresses the issues that have the greatest impact on sustainable development, from the perspective of the company and its stakeholders.
Related: Dr. Bronner’s Releases 2020 All-One Report
Study: Healthy Foods Better for People & the Environment
Ardent Mills Releases Annual Sustainability Report
In September 2015, 193 countries of the United Nations adopted 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to be met by 2030. The Martin Bauer Group has selected six SDGs wherein they can have the greatest impact. The goals:
- Zero hunger
- Decent work and economic growth
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life on land
- Strengthening partnerships to implement the SDGs
A list of some of the ways they intend to meet these goals:
- Sustainably growing and harvesting botanical raw materials
- Maintaining transparent supply chains
- Getting involved in local communities
- Saving resources
- Increasing energy efficiency
- Preserving and advancing biodiversity and soil health
- Offering a positive working environment
- Offering equal opportunities to all
In the report, Sebastian Sieben, CEO of Martin Bauer Group Europe, said: “One of our corporate values is to act sustainably in all that we do. That has given us a leading position within our industry, and this leading role is what drives us to continually come up with sustainable innovations.”
Albert Ferstl, Managing Director of MB Holding, added: “For the nature network, sustainability has always been a fundamental principle and not a trend—an attitude and not an end in itself. Sustainability is not achieved for nothing, nor is it achieved for free! It’s about taking action, but it’s also about what is achievable.”
The full report can be found here.