East Windsor, NJ—Sabinsa has announced in a press release that several of the company’s ingredients are now Non-GMO Project Verified.
The Non-GMO Project is an independent third-party verification that puts products through a comprehensive evaluation process that takes into account traceability and segregation and requires ongoing testing of ingredients at high risk of genetic modification.
“Providing health conscious consumers with herbal, probiotic, and digestive enzymes products that support their preference for Non-GMO ingredients can be challenging, so going this extra step in transparency is one way we can support our manufacturing and brand owner partners, retailers, and their customers,” said Shaheen Majeed, Sabinsa’s President Worldwide, in the press release. “The credibility the Non-GMO Project Verified seal brings is an important addition to demonstrating Sabinsa’s integrity.”
Related: Company Profile: America’s Finest, Inc.
IFF Health Receives Non-GMO Project Verification for Pumpkin Seed Extract
Sabinsa Calls Out ‘Unscrupulous’ Misbranded Amla Products
The ingredients that received verification include:
- Boswellin Super Boswellia (Boswellia serrata) Extract
- Curcumin C3 Complex Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Extract
- Shagandha Root Extract 2.5% USP (Withania somnifera)
- Livinol Kokum (Garcinia indica) Extract
- Saberry Amla (Emblica officinalis) Extract
- Cococin Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Water Solids
- BioPerine Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Extract
- LactoSpore Bacillus coagulans MTCC 5856 Probiotic in three grades: 6B, 15B, and 100B
- DigeZyme proprietary, versatile multi-enzyme complex
“The Non-GMO Project applauds Sabinsa’s commitment to transparency in the marketplace, providing consumers with the non-GMO choices. With numerous Verified products available, Sabinsa is a valuable part of our non-GMO future,” added Hans Eisenbeis, Director of Marketing and Communications.
More information on the ingredients can be found here.